Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A visual image of a pun

I took these two photos as I was driving by. Honest to ghawd, I don't know what this thing is. Since it's just off the 101 freeway in practically the heart of El Lay, I figure it's not a water slide.

Too bad we don't have a visual search engine, where you upload a photo and the visual search engine (VSE) searches the web for information it connects to the image you've uploaded. A VSE would process one of these photos and I'd probably get some very informative hits and my curiosity would be assuaged. (Assuaging, or assuagements, should be a category in the yellow pages.)

If there were a dependable VSE, I could upload Paula Bunker's senior class photo and perhaps find out if she ever realized that dumping my ass was probably the best thing she ever did. For her, not for me...

And anyone could upload MY senior class photo and discover just how matter of factly I went about exceeding the expectations of failure predicted for me. But only by those who knew me best.

Anyway, that's what I see when I look at whatever it is in the photos.

2 comments:

paperback reader said...

I assume it's a skate ramp, but I think everything is a skate ramp.

katrocket said...

Is it a sniper tower?