Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain

As many of you who have taken the time and trouble to find out everything you possibly can about me know, I live in SoCal's High Desert. Being a High Desert dweller has almost none of the panache that living near the intersection of Haight & Ashbury gives to those residents. But even if I could live anywhere I wanted to, I wouldn't move, because I'm against change.

As one comes to expect of an area with 'desert' in it's name, we don't get a lot of rain. But it rained all last night. And now this morning the air is redolent with the scent of wet dog fur. Which begs the question, did Jesus have a dog? And did He know about frisbees?

It's really a shame that we had no raging forest fires burning in the local mountains. They would have been quenched and the people would have rejoiced. I blame our local politicians who never seem to get anything right.

No comments: