Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blog Cross-Pollination

When humans are married, the man pollinates the woman. It's never the other way around, unless you're talking about the silly yellow faux-pollen some men will beg/pay for. (Someone should write a book about how the simple act of pollination has become so complex, not to mention, commercialized! I'd go see the movie...)

Okay, the human male will pollinate any female who will allow his stamen entry, married or not. It's kind of neat that no one ever asks the question, "What kind of a man would sleep with a good looking woman he'd just met?" Guykind is so uncomplicated!

Pollination is about 'creation' and so hopefully you'll get what my title is about. I was trying to say that reading someone's blog entry can sometimes trigger a 'growth' in your own brain that soon gives birth to an idea for a post of your own.

But it's so damn hard to think about something non-sexual when writing about "human pollination." It's such a distracting subject!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, the thought of pollination has engorged my stamen.

Well not really, but it's fun to pretend.

Dear God, why didn't I ever read your blog before yesterday? Now I have a lot of catching up to do.

Bert Bananas said...

Please allow me to self-deprecate, which unlike self-replicate, is not forbidden by the bible: I am an acquired taste, expect that taste has nothing to do with it.

Thank you.

Sonya said...

Bert, the first time I ever heard the word "pollination" was on Dragnet when Jack Webb was shaming some hippies who were into "free love." I had no idea what he was talking about, but I knew that I was supposed to think that that was very, very wrong. After all, Jack Webb was a paragon of virtue, right?

But here I am, older (much) and so here's to the cross-pollination of all blog readers and writers everywhere. As David Hasslehoff said the other night, "Only in America could a mother find her adopted daughter on Myspace." Oh David, you scamp.

Bert Bananas said...

Ah, Tree, you, me and cross-pollination. What a ( fill in the blank ) country we live in.

I wasn't kidding about the product that I think you, me and Verb could put out... (hee hee, I said 'put out.')