Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Public Service . . .

Although I haven't bragged at length about my Grand Central account, nor my MagicJack thingamabob, I am going to pass along this word about Slydial... mostly because it will explain for Pistols just how it is that he's been getting these voice mail messages on his cell phone, but the phone never rang, of which he is certain because he was starring at it, hoping that it would ring.

Here's what's going on, big guy:

"Those wanting to avoid an actual conversation simply need to dial 267-SLYDIAL (267-759-3425), sit through a brief history about Slydial and why it should be used, an advertisement that will last a couple of seconds, and then enter the person's phone number. Once all that is completed, the Slydial service connects to the person's voicemail just like a regular phone call."

The article then goes on to say that these free VM messages are limited to 90 seconds each. The caller's call back number is displayed, but fat chance they're going to pick up, Sr. Pistolero.

It only works on cell phones, and they have to be regular accounts. It won't work with pay as you go phones.

We all have someone in our lives with whom we have to communicate, but would prefer they not answer when we call. So this is perfect.

I wonder if Slydial will give Pistols an award for being the number most called?

1 comment:

paperback reader said...

Now it all becomes clear. And also, I am glad I have this, because I hate talking to people, too.