Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuil.com

Here's my review of this new competitor to Google: It's not good.

I searched "Laztheism." As the earth's foremost expert on Laztheism, I wanted to see what Cuil would find for me. It showed me seven hits. Only two of them actually had "Laztheism" in them. When I did this search on Google, it showed me all the blog posts I'd made with the word in it, as well as comments on other people's blogs.

Here are the two entries Cuil had with Laztheism in them:

Comment about This is one of several reasons war occurs.

I'm coming out of the Closet. I'm sure it will come as no surprise that Laztheism, as practiced by the Missouri Synod of Laztheists of the Northern Hemisphere-But Not Alaska (MSLNHBNA), condones marriage between any two people who can sign their names, . Tags: coming Closet. Seasame Street Tub Boat with Big Bird...
www.financial-times-web.info/Bert-w...

States - States Search

The Laztheist X-MessX-Mess comes but once a year . . . Here's how Laztheism would solve (and enhance) the X-Mess experience. On June 01, 2008, the Master Computer that runs the United States will match up every American resident who will be over the age of 18 on 12-24-2008 with another American More. .. Related...
www.finance-outsourcing.com/states/

Note that it credits two websites I've never heard of. And then when I clicked on the links, I got that screen about Address Not Found.

So if you're worried about Cuil.com taking the starch out of your Google stock, you can stop now.

1 comment:

paperback reader said...

I hadn't heard of this competitor, but based on these half-assed results, it's clear why. Plus, apparently, they hate your religion.