Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bush says, "The Sentence was just too harsh."

Further, Bush sayeth, "I have concluded that the prison sentence ... is excessive."

I became a Republican long ago. It was an election year and a school yard bully was taunting older kids about the Republican pins the kids were wearing. I had no idea what was going on, but, wow!, shiny pins! I made a comment about how I wish I had a pin. Not being privy to School Yard Bully philosophy, I had no idea that I was manna from heaven to the bully: I was alone and I was smaller. So he pushed me around, knocked me down, dribbled spit on my face and told me that Democrats ruled and if I knew what was good from me, I'd vote Democratic. I remember that I wasn't crying, although it loomed large as an alternative action. But then the recess bell rang and I was freed.

I've never ever voted for a Democrat. Plus two days later my cousin David, who was a Freshman at John Marshall (the above incident having taken place at Los Feliz Elementary) followed the bully two blocks from school and stole his pants, telling the bully that his pants were being donated to Meals on Wheels. David is still the king of non sequiturs.

It remains a virtual certainty that I will never vote for a Democrat. But if the Republican party is ever horn-swoggled by a Bush again, I will move to... the bathroom.

I would have accepted Pres. Bush announcing that because of fears that Scooter Libby would tell tales out of school, he was pardoning him. That would be a brutally honest statement, and a reflection of just what politics is all about. But to offer the mealy-mouthed comment, "...the prison sentence is exessive" is clear and unequivocal testament of his "fundamentally" flawed personality.

George W. Bush, you moral weenie.

7 comments:

Jana said...

If politics were ever removed from politics it sure wouldn't be much fun to sneer at anymore.

Anonymous said...

KISS (Keep It simple Stupid)this given to Libby to keep his mouth shut and KING George and Vice king out of PRISON

Mary Lois said...

Whatever the reason, it was far from W's brightest move, and that's saying a lot.

More interesting, however, that the bully in your schoolyard was a Democrat! That explains so much!

paperback reader said...

From what I hear, Republicans have picked up the flag of bullydom, often seeking out their manna from heaven, which are "threatenable black voters."

Still, I can't lie: I'm nostalgic for the days when Democrats would actually beat someone up. Time was, it was the party of the tough, working class man, and now, it's...well, it's whoever isn't a Republican.

The Libby pardon should have come with a statement from Bush: "Hell, most of y'all don't like me anyway, what's it matter?" And for any Democrats who want to get up in arms about it, let's remember Clinton pardoning Marc Rich. Don't ever forget that no matter which party we elect, it's a party we'll never be invited to full of rich guys doing favors for their friends at our expense.

T said...

Wow, a college kid stealing a elementary school boy's pants. How devious! Is your cousin now a priest?

George W. does what George W. wants. Plain and simple. As PAD mentioned before about Clinton and his "forgiveness", -presidents do that. It mainly hurts because G.W. is a Republican (as you, as I and as all real golfers are too) and we never deviate from the rules, as (far as) you know.

Nessa said...

The President is allowed to pardon his friends?

The Guv'ner said...

Call me a stupid foreigner here (you wouldn't be too wrong!) but shouldn't it really be Dick Cheney going to jail anyway as Libby's boss and commander? Although that raises another important question: Is it even possible to jail Satan?

Either way, being foreign excuses me from being either a Republican or a Democrat for which I am eternally grateful.

I'm thinking of starting my own party called "The People Who Like Oil and Would Like Some Of Yours and Maybe Blow Some Stuff Up While We're At It" party and just cutting out the middle man.