Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yesterday was all about Golf

Except for the time spent at the CHP and the DMV.

The CHP is the California Highway Patrol. While I was there on very mundane business of my own, a guy came in to talk to a CHP officer. A staff person told him that person was off that day, would be back today and Friday, and would then be on vacation for the entire month of September. I was kind of stunned. What with all the state holidays they get, CHP officers get about as much vacation as a President of the United States. PLUS they get overtime! And they get to shoot people!!

At the DMV I watched unhealthy looking American women being totally in charge of what you do and where you stand for the next half-hour of your life. But having that kind of power didn't seem to make them any happier than the average prison guard or jailer.

Today it's office work and playing on the internet. One is more profitable, one is more fun. Why can't I bill you by the blog?

No comments: