Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Two Days in Palm Springs

Spending August 6th & 7th in the Palm Springs playing golf makes really good sense on paper. Eight straight male golfers at a 5 star hotel with two rounds of golf for just $80 each is SUCH a bargain!! On paper...

It's going to be around 106 degrees and it's going to be humid. The temperature doesn't go down much over night. At least two of us will get heat stroke and puke and faint, not necessarily in that order. But at least the new life-saving procedures do NOT require mouth to mouth any more. Just the pumping on the chest thing, thank goodness.

Why are we doing this? Only a non-golfing male or a woman would ask this question. Which is fortunate, because I don't have an answer that makes the slightest bit of sense. I don't care about not having an answer for the non-golfing male. But if you're a female and you ask me this, I'll come up with something that tries to make me look good...

You know another thing that's not going to happen while we're golfing? We're not going to pee. Under those conditions, no matter how much you drink, you just sweat it all out and there's nothing for the kidneys to work with. Which is what helps cause kidney stones. But ever since I had my tubes widened, the stones just pass through without a problem.

I'll post some photos on Friday, so don't give up on the internet just yet, okay?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos of you peeing?

Cause that'd be the best!

Anonymous said...

Wait...it gets humid in Palm Springs? Isn't that the desert?

From The Guv, aged 7

Talking of golf, where the hell is T?

T said...

You can take a picture of my puke, but not me (puking).

Who's idea was this anyway?

Bert Bananas said...

Guv, you just had to go and mention his name...

Dr Zibbs said...

Happy Drinking

Anonymous said...

A month ago, friends and I took several pretty young woman golfing with us. They were quite standoff-ish the first day but we did see a hole-in-one.

Leonesse said...

Paaarty! A non-pee party.