Monday, August 04, 2008

Welcome to August

I think this 31 day month is going to be exciting. If by exciting we mean that people are going to be screaming "Oh Shit!" a lot. But then again, October could even be more exciting.

I'd make some exact predictions, but then because they're mostly negative in nature, I don't want people to think that because I'd guessed correctly that I might have had some inside knowledge. There's nothing 'inside' about reading the handwriting on the wall.

You know that Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"? Whether we deserve it or not (and we mostly do) we're going to get the interesting times.

A lot of what's going to be interesting is the ability we all have of staying in touch with what's happening. YouTube could be a major source of news, as well as entertainment.

If I'm wrong, how boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again misreading things as I oft do, I read that as, "You know that Chinese curse?" As if it were to say "Did you know that Chinese curse?"

And I thought, "Yes, they probably do just like anyone else. Or maybe not? Maybe there's something about Chinese culture that I didn't know?"

But then I saw that all was well. So this is going to be an interesting month huh?