Thursday, August 28, 2008

I don't have this problem, but I want to be tested...

There's a male sexual stiff upper lip advertisement that has this line (Why are there so many of these during golf? As a golfer, am I supposed to be impotent and in need of financial advice?):

"Ask your physician if you're healthy enough for sexual activity..."

As Ghawd is my witness I cannot believe that any man ever asks himself this question. Sure, I can see a guy holding the top of his underwear open, looking down and asking his dick, "are you up for this?" But no guy stands in front of a mirror, looks himself in the eye and asks, "Am I healthy enough for sexual activity?" After all, he's breathing, right?

Even the fact that most of us know what happened to Nelson Rockefeller doesn't deter us.

But then the question arises, if I suspect that I'm not healthy enough for sexual activity, what kind of tests are involved and will my health insurance pay for a licensed prostitute to administer them?

And if there are neither insurance policies nor prostitutes available in my area, how much for a franchise?

1 comment:

paperback reader said...

There must be an age where we give up on everything, I suppose, including, finally, breathing. Sex likely goes .2 seconds before that.