Saturday, May 05, 2007

Paris Hilton Going to Jail Naked !!

Good luck to the troubled young lady... She is much misunderstood, as are most people ahead of their times.

But that's not why I blatantly sucked you in with that provocative title. Nope, I just wanted to direct your attention to a much misunderstood situation. I intend to shed, hopefully, enough light on this matter so as to correct, at least in those who read this, the misapprehensions that undoubtedly exist in your mind.

The problem is how to enjoy your life even though you seldom get your way. Many people despair when confronted with the realization that they are living lives so constricted, so remote from who they really are, that it actually comes down to the fact that many of you are not who you think you're fooling us into believing you are!

Startling, isn't it?

It all boils down to out of town conventions. Remember the fool Sinclair Lewis's Babbitt made of himself when he went out of town to a convention? That's when the real YOU is revealed. Maybe you don't even know who that is, because you've always taken your spouse or significant other with you when you went out of town.

Take a deep breath... Now don't answer this question immediately. Let it simmer...

What and who would or wouldn't you do if you had a week in Vegas with a brief case containing $100,000 in C notes?

That's the real you!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought about this. i would gamble about 1000 bucks. i would eat out at a couple of nice restaurants, take in a few shows. buy a couple of new outfits. get my hair and nails done. meet up with bert and "do" him. then i would take the suitcase full of what is left which would probably be most of it and go back home and take the rest of the year off from work.

The Guv'ner said...

Dude - List of ex-bosses and a hitman dressed as Elvis. Worth. Every. Penny.

Allegedly...

Mary Lois said...

I would take the money and run from Vegas.

L. said...

I'd head right for the quarter slot machines, Bertsky!

T said...

Hmmm, cheap hookers are out since I bet (like the pun?) they wouldn't give me change for a hundred.

Nessa said...

Oh, no, I shudder at how boring I am.

paperback reader said...

First of all, I'd get the hell out of Vegas. That place sucks.

Then, I'd go to the bank and convert everything to Canadian pennies. Then, I'd go to a Sault Ste. Marie Mickey D's and order every single thing on the $1 menu 20,000 times.

Man, that would be hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Mary Lois. I would leave Vegas and have a big party with friends.

katrocket said...

Is this a tax-free $100,000? I would pay off my Visa and move to Europe. "Because they take wine seriously, but they don't take American Express."

paperback reader said...

Kat, why are even our "get $100,000 free" fantasies tearing us apart?

Bert Bananas said...

Pistolero, this is the risk we run when we reveal our true selves.

katrocket said...

Bert: In order to reveal my TRUEST self, I need waaaay more than 100K. The Absolute Truth requires at least 4 more zeros.

Or, you can choose to judge my character on that statement alone.

Pistols: I'm not sure if you've ever been to the Soo, but I have. Sorry, it will never be an exotic location in my fantasies, unless I spend most of the money on drugs.

paperback reader said...

I think that once you experience the magic of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds amateur hockey team live, you'll change your mind. You won't need drugs once you've experienced crisp passing, solid forechecking, and an unequaled propensity to pop the biscuit in the basket.

You will, however, need that extra money to purchase the team and truly live out your dreams.

katrocket said...

How much do I have to pay them to pop MY biscuit?

Paula said...

Set up a Gambling Addiction Help clinic overnight(guaranteed results, miraculous transformation etc etc!)& double my money
PaulaBxx
(even tho I am not even sure what a cnote is!)

paperback reader said...

If you don't mind the snaggle- or missing teeth, minor league hockey players are used to putting in hours of effort for very little money.

katrocket said...

Bert: I'm most interested in how you would spend $100K. I'm sure golfing & golf-related items are on the list, but what "wouldn't you do"?

My earlier answers were of a smartass nature. I'd actually give my dad every penny. He needs it and deserves it more than I.

Bert Bananas said...

Kat, I'd hide it away and spend days trying to find an equitable distribution system for sharing it with my wife and kids and grandkids... after I bought the newest, hottest golf driver. Like Ms. Golden Nibbles, I am boring to the max.