Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Position on illegal Irrigation.

I'm for irrigation, legal or not.

No one knows, or could ever hope to know, how much of what we eat is the result of illegal irrigation. And no one in America is about to stop the fevered bending of the elbow, shoveling food from plate to maw, at least not that I can see.

So the inevitable conclusion is that it really doesn't matter what we say, because what we do is what counts, and we eat all the food we can get our hands on, without a thought as to whether or not it was produced via illegal irrigation.

So I say, if we're going to eat the food, what does it really matter? Legal or illegal, without irrigation, we're going to be a hungry, grumpy lot.

2 comments:

paperback reader said...

Isn't the entire state of California dependent on illegal irrigation, importing their water in from other states? Very convenient that you'd take this position, then. Plus, how lazy can one state be, importing water to grow lettuce you let immigrants pick?

T said...

You may force me to eat the food grown with the help of illegal water, but I refuse to drink it, -unless it's cheaper than legal water.