Friday, August 10, 2007

A Note to My Wife:

Honey, according to the LA Times this morning, Lucy Jones, whom we loved watching on TV whenever there was an earthquake, is trumpeting the news that:

We are 3,600 months and 75 days overdue for a magnitude 7.0 quake striking in the Coachella Valley.

The really bad news for us is that the 'path of travel' of the quake is towards Palmdale. We sit between the Coachella Valley and Palmdale.

So double up on the bottled water and toilet paper today at Costco.

Love you!

6 comments:

paperback reader said...

Mother Nature's gone soft in her old days and her van just ain't rockin' the way it used to. Party! The old lady's senile!

Nessa said...

It's time to take it to the skies.

Leonesse said...

Is this Lucy really called Chickita Little?

That is just some glass is almost empty kinda news.

Mary Lois said...

You should live in hurricane country. It's eerie going this long without all those tv guys in raincoats standing out in the storm winds and telling us how scared they are.

The Hurricane Center -- whatever that is, predicted 15 named storms by now, and that at least five of them were to hit land right about here. Where are they, I'd like to know. I have all these batteries and ice cubes and bottles of water and everything. Not even a raindrop in over a week -- I'm not going to stand for this!

(But to compensate you could run your picture on your blog as you promised on my blog.)

T said...

This is spectacular news! I'm getting ready to join the Green Tree Golf Course Men's Club and lock in my membership fees. Once the big one hits, MY golf course will be oceanfront and all those poor saps that belong to Pebble Beach GC will be sooooo envious of me!!!

Leonesse said...

Wow, cuz I was gonna join the Green Tree Golf Course Women's Club, but I already have the Big One right here and plan to keep him.