Friday, August 24, 2007

Half way into the 900 mile drive










I received an email from a reader of this blog. Here are some responses to the questions asked.

Andrew is probably 5'11" and because his physical development seems to be mirroring mine, he make reach 6'1", meaning that his earning power will be above average, which is important because when Liz and I retire, we want to live above his garage. Liz will be his house maid and I will be the gardener. I know it's a stretch, but I can see myself in that role.

Yes, we dropped Andrew off at school, the effable SFSU of S.I. Hiyakawa fame. The shot at the top is of his dorm. It has a name but I've forgotten it. And yes, he is on the top floor, the 15th floor. If you were to copy the photo of the building and enlarge it enough, you'd see me in that line of parents and students going up the ramp to the one and only elevator available. (I had to set the camera on a tripod, set the self-timer and then run like a mad man to get in the photo!)

The second photo is the south end of the sitting room/kitchen area. Andrew is practicing his 'sitting' for when females come visiting.

The next photo is of the north end of the sitting room/kitchen. Here we see the re-effable Liz Bananas. (Been there, done that!) Next is the obligatory bedroom with the matching study hutches and beds. There are plenty of drawers.

Later we went out for cruising for gay men; we were told they are plentiful in San Francisco. Turns out the town is trite with them... We think we saw gay women, too. Buried somewhere in this is a message about what that San Francisco treat is.

When we got hungry we found a funky place to eat dinner. It had to be a place with meat, and it was. This place, with a funky San Francisco-ish name, features all kinds of meat on a skewer. I had the tuna with lime cream sauce on it. It was over a bed of garlic mashed potatoes. Just like mom used to make...

There are 14 sturdy young men on the 15th floor. Four of them are in Andrew's 'pod.' The four share the kitchen/lounge you see above, with a two bedroom set up, but only one bathroom, although there is a second wash basin set up outside the bathroom door. So if someone REALLY had to pee, he could pee into that wash basin and save having to walk all the way to the kitchen to pee.

The windows are kind of dirty, so it sort of spoils some otherwise beautiful views to the south and west. His building is a block east of Lake Merced Blvd, on State St. You can see the back nine of the Harding Park golf course. Next time I go up there I'm taking my golf clubs. It looks like very pretty course.

And, dear reader, regarding your golf questions, I'm shooting some good golf right now. I played last Friday, with Big T, and took a $1.25 from him (25 cents of which he still owes me. He begged off playing today because "...I have to go see my son's first soccer game as a member of the SBSU Coyotes Soccer Team." But then he later confessed: he's going to leer at the volley ball and cross country girls teams.)

Last Saturday I shot a tidy 79 at LA Royal Vista. I haven't played since then. I think I'm about an 11 handicap right now, but it's going down. I'll be single digit (again) by November.

(The things I'll do to save having to send an email...)

5 comments:

paperback reader said...

I hope the savings on state university offset the price of room and bored. Seriously, is there anything to do in Frisco? God, it's such a cultural wasteland. It truly is California's Wichita.

Nessa said...

Nice dorm room. He aught to have loads of fun there.

Leonesse said...

I am sure he will do a few things he 'naught' as well.

And how is the ReEffable Liz doing with the baby in the loft in the sky?

T said...

Asshole...

Bert Bananas said...

Estimado Sr. Pistolero, there are no freakin' front yards in SF! And you can walk from roof to roof to roof because the houses are all crammed together! It's no wonder all creativity has been stifled! Plus my wife says that the sea air makes doing anything with her hair impossible! This has to have a chilling effect on interpersonal relationships, which may go a long way to explaining the seemingly excessive gayism there! We didn't point all this out to Andrew, because he does have one sassy comment to which we have no comeback: "Hey, it's not Apple Valley." Because, alas, Apple Valley makes Wichita look wicked hot.

Ladies, the aughts and naughts are sure to provide him with lots of stories to slightly alter for the blogs of his life.

Big T, surely Linda doesn't read my blog, does she? If she does, she will absolutely NOT learn anything she didn't already know.