Friday, April 27, 2007

When we will be have the freedom to say "sh*t"?

Because I'm on double secret probation, I can't spell it out. I can only type sh*t.

I don't know about the United Kingdom, or the Canucks, but certainly in American "sh*t" is our most popular inappropriate word. In combination with "oh" or "holy," it's the most popular last words spoken by those who know they are about to die imminently and violently. In combination with "head" it's probably in the top three for describing people driving too slow in the fast lane. It's probably the first, and one of the most satisfying inappropriate words we learn. Even females seem to be comfortable using it. It isn't blasphemy. It's doesn't insult your mother. It refers to a natural process with which we are all familiar.

And we can't use it on the public airwaves. This is called hypocrisy. And I'm against it. But I still won't say it in front of my mother. Is that bull sh*t, or what?

5 comments:

T said...

Yeah, what a bunch of crap...

Jana said...

Thought you might be interested to know that the very very first intelligible word my darling blue-eyed blond granddaughter Fay spoke was Sh*t. She'll say it in front of her mother and grandmother, I think you should try it too. Did you see the South Park episode where they used the word some 114 times??
Oh-- and you forgot the inevitable way to describe ones current location: Deep Sh*t.. =-)

Bert Bananas said...

Deep Sh*t! Which is usually somewhere up Sh*t Creek! How could I have forgotten that!

I don't think I'll ever say sh*t in front of my mom... It's just too ingrained.

T said...

You wouldn't dare say sh*t in front of your mom, -she would smack that sh*tty smile right off your face, and that would be the sh*ts!

paperback reader said...

I don't understand how sh*t is used to denote both extremely hot and very cold temperatures.

"Man, it is hot as sh*t out there!"

"Let's go in. It's cold as sh*t out here."

I have changed all curse words to their initial letter, and now say "cold as s," "f ye in your ear," "f that s," and the like.