Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another one bites the Dust . . .

There is a sports writer for the LA Times who just made a radical announcement. He's going on vacation. His round trip tickets read Mike Penner, outbound, and Christine Daniels, inbound. So what's biting the dust is his penis.

What's radical about this is that he's a Sports Writer! For a major American newspaper! He's 40 years old and he's leaving as a man and coming back as a woman!

So he writes a column about it and now we all sit back and wait to see how the professional athletes with whom she will be interacting treat him. This will create stories within stories.

At the end of the column, in it's online version, readers can offer comments. Here's my favorite, so far:

"I think it's wrong, God does not make mistakes."
Submitted by: jeff

Who knew theologians read the Times?

6 comments:

paperback reader said...

Transgenders really have a rough go of it, because there just aren't enough of them to pass the old American acceptance test of "I know somebody who's [fill in minority group here]." Unless, of course, you live on or about Santa Monica Blvd. in Hollywood at night, or in the lady boy section of Bangkok.

All I can say is that if someone believes in something enough to mutilate their own genitals to follow it, then they aren't going to get any quibbling from me.

P.S. Who thinks that God is still handmaking every single person? If God's learned anything from us, it's Ford's assembly line production model, and I'll bet he doesn't even show up at the plant 4 days a month anymore.

The true question would be, then: if only God is perfect, do we expect His creations to also be perfect? Because then we'd be Gods as well, and that's blasphemous. Take that to your job at Jack in the Box, Jeff, and you think about it long and hard...but after you get me my food. I'm in a hurry.

Chris the Hippie said...

Couple years ago Larry, the 55-year-old guy who worked the parts counter at the local tractor supply company just outside town decided to be Loretta. She was fired within a few weeks, as not a single one of the farmers would buy parts from her. They wouldn't even talk to her.

She serves coffee now at some chain coffee shop where the farmers don't go. I'm pretty sure she's the one with the pink Harley, too.

Bert Bananas said...

Farmers, you should excuse the phrase, have a tough row to hoe. I don't mind if farmers are prejudiced. I'm prejudiced, but not so's anyone would notice, as I never voice my prejudices out loud, unless I'm driving.

katrocket said...

Bravo, Christine Daniels. That move takes some balls, so I hope she keeps them handy in her purse to slap around anyone who gives her grief.

paperback reader said...

I find it rather hilarious that no one would buy parts from someone who quite literally had them to spare.

T said...

Come on guys, this should be a very serious matter... -oh Hell, this is too funny!
Athlete(s) in the locker room: "Here, you need a bat?" or "Want my (hockey) stick, eh?" or "Got a spare gear-shift knob?" or my fav' "You can give me back my cup"...