Thursday, March 22, 2007

Surges of Urges

As I began the effort to write this post I was listening to Heart, the rock band fronted by Anne & Nancy Wilson, singing What about Love? This is a song that causes surges of urges in my mind and body. I got up and did some Nancy Wilson kicks and otherwise got myself involved with my emotions.

After tiring myself out (two kicks) I sat down and started the tedious process of logging in. So now as I'm finally typing, Madonna is singing Vogue a song in which I am not at all emotionally invested.

Which is what this is about. Remember that game, "Name that Tune"? It's an old TV game show. It probably precedes TV... Two contestants vied to name a song, each contestant 'bidding' on how few notes he'd need to identify the song. Finally one of them, hearing the other say, "I can name that song in five notes" would say, "go ahead, name that tune." The orchestra would play five notes and the contestant on the spot would announce, "That's Rodrigo's Concierto De Aranjuez!" and win $10.

There are songs that I hate and I can name them, usually, in three notes or less. My index finger instantly stabs the radio presets and I change stations. I have a fierce hatred for some songs.

And here's what I find worthy of mention: There are people out there who feel the same fierce, primal, uplifting urges about the songs I hate as I do about the songs I love.

What I'm saying is that trying to establish differences between people based on skin color, sexual orientation, status, education, etc., are a waste of time. We should do it based on the things that surge our urges.

And I just checked: There is no Urges.com! Who wants in on the ground floor of this new web venture, matching people based on what gets them off? Hey, if you don't want to do it for the money, at least do it for world peace!

6 comments:

T said...

...Rodrigo's Concierto De What?

So let me get this right...
You sign on to Urges.com, click on ZZ Top, up pops the name (and hopefully cute face without the beard) of your next date, slide on your cowboy boots and barbed wire belt, and ride off into the sunset singing "Legs"...

I LIKE IT!!!

Nessa said...

Could I use the website to determine whose not allowed to live in my neighborhood?

L. said...

I'd do anything for World Peace...even your cockamamy ideas, Bertsky!

: )

paperback reader said...

I heard the introductory strains of the Boss' "Born to Run" and thought it was Blondie's "Dreaming." I ordered myself to procure some kind of Springsteen album as punishment so that he is no longer just "the guy who did that baseball video song (Glory Days, I think), 'Born in the U.S.A.,' and that terrible 'Philadelphia' song."

katrocket said...

If you build it, I will come.

I laughed out loud at the mental picture I got of you doing two Nancy Wilson kicks. Another Golden Bananas moment! Thank you.

Bert Bananas said...

All of you would do well to worship Kat.

Laughing out loud is great. Orgasming is greater. Laughing out loud while orgasming is ...