Thursday, March 29, 2007

KARAOKE FOR THE BLIND

First, not many blind people are going to read this post. So it's not like I'm TRYING to insult anyone!

The concept of Karaoke for the Blind, or KftB, came to me as whatever the opposite of an epiphany is struck.

Yes, I was singing Karaoke to My Heart Will Go On. I just didn't jump into it... Nope, I watched Celine sing it first. I helped her, and then I did it on my own. Of course I videoed it and put it Youtube.

After it loaded, I called my wife in to watch it with me, figuring that she'd accept it as a love offering.

So far she thinks she may have broken a rib laughing. And her laughter will go on. She copied the URL and called her sisters. They did a conference call, all of them watching it and laughing.

I was packing a bag, pretending to be affronted and acting like I was going to walk out on her. She was too busy laughing to take notice. So I quit what was obviously an empty gesture and now I'm revealing her perfidious nature to the world. That'll teach her.

Anyway, it finally hit me now low I'd sunk. And I wanted to claw my eyes out so I'd never do bad karaoke again. And that's where the title of the blog came from.

Full Circle, the essence of life. What goes around comes around, if life is a perfect circle. But it's not, it's an ellipse.

2 comments:

T said...

First of all, I didn't bust a rib, but I do have to change my underwear.... -oh Hell, that's all that need be said.

paperback reader said...

You could make it "King Lear Karaoke" and combine your ideas without mocking the blind outright. Plus, it'd sound wicked classy.