Monday, March 26, 2007

Saturday Night's All Right






My wife dragged me, kicking and screaming, to a wedding on Saturday night. We just got the pictures back from the computer, which is where I develop all my photos.

This formal wedding (It said, "Formal Attire" on the invitation) was held in a very nice 'Skate Shop' in Pomona, CA. Apparently my enthusiasm for golf is replaced in the groom by an equally avid affinity for skateboarding. I bet I'll play golf a lot longer than he'll be skateboarding.

The first photo above, right, is of the wedding venue, from near the door, looking towards the rear. We got there late, so we got lousy seats. Next is a photo of the cake. It was very good cake. And I was very pleased that neither the bride nor the groom tried to splatter cake on the other's face. What kind of way is that to start a marriage? What kind of behavior does it encourage?

Then there's a photo of the bride and my wife. Why the bride would chose to wear black is beyond me. My wife said she felt slightly uncomfortable wearing her old wedding gown, but it was the only formal item she has, rustic beings that we have become.

We didn't stay all that late, what with all the chores here on the Bananas' Plantation.

5 comments:

T said...

Your wife (in white) keeps looking younger everyday, but the bride (in black) looks HOT!!!

Finally, a cake placed next to the coffee dispenser! (Doesn't look like there was much room to put it anywhere else.)

Did you spend any money on their inventory, or just "borrow" it?.

paperback reader said...

As a former punk rocker, I would like to say, re: the venue - right on.

As someone who has grown up and whose mohawk now occurs semi-naturally thanks to baldness, I say: grow up, crazy kids.

It's like that saying: you can go home again, but they've probably changed the locks.

L. said...

What??? No pictures of you skateboarding?

I am quite disappointed.

Interesting venue for a wedding...

Nessa said...

Is your wife mad at you? What did you do? Look at that body language; arms crossed at the waste. That says you are making her sick to her stomach. You should consider going home with the bride. She looks more relaxed.

Bert Bananas said...

I think my wife was mad at me because she found out the bride has been sleeping with me.