Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So here's the deal...

I've been busy. Because my little curb address business is going nuts. We've getting some nice "assignments" lately, which take a lot of time, but pay a lot of money. And then the second supervisor I hired and trained quit. So I'm two for two in training and then losing good people. But I can't blame them. Like the first one, the second one took a job with 'benefits.' Geez! It's like they planned on getting sick and aging and then retiring! What pessimists!!

I still have an office lady, and she has stepped up to the plate and taken on new responsibilities. A very nice, and unexpected, bonus. Also, I hired a replacement supervisor. And when I put in my order, with the LDS Employment Agency of course, it was for a 'stay at home' mom who could work from home using the hours available to her. (The thing about Mormons who use the LDS employment agency, you can TRUST them!) But I have to train her from scratch. She knows NOTHING about painting addresses on curbs!

But now here's the thing that really has me jazzed. Or a variation on that theme... I think it's more the humor in it that has me going... Big T said that he's off now on Mondays and Tuesdays... He called me both yesterday and today to ask if I wanted to play golf. What an idiot question! Of course I did! But I couldn't. When I said it was because I was too busy, he made mention of his two new days off. So I immediately asked him how much he wanted an hour. He named his price and I immediately hired him. Only it wasn't a formal hiring. I still have to 'Jew' him down (Hey, it's okay for me to say that, as I am a big fan of Israel and loose Jewish women) to a more realistic hourly rate...

But can't you just see Big T driving around in my patented customer attractor, drumming up business and entertaining the crowds? I think he's a natural !!

4 comments:

paperback reader said...

Oh, dear. I give him five minutes before he offends every single customer. Hopefully, it takes him four minutes to paint the curbs.

Leonesse said...

How much more realistic does it need to be? He was getting no money on Mondays and Tuesdays and now he gets some instead of paying for golf. He should be paying YOU for saving him from the insanity of taking Tito and Jesus's beer money.

Bert Bananas said...

Mrs. LK, from your lips to Jesus's Dad's ear...

T said...

What is Leo talking about? It made absolutely no sense to me at all. Not golfing? Ridiculous.

Bert is the nicest boss in the world. Good looking too! Did I tell everyone what a great golfer he is? He should run for mayor.