Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Well eff me with a babed wire fence!'

I started a book yesterday when I stopped to gas up at a Costco. I like to eat at Costco because the quantities are more than adequate and the price is low. Where else can you drink all the soda in the world for 55 cents?

So I sat there with my combo slice and started the book. I just finished it. A murder mystery. I do love me some fine murder mystery. Good writing, about anything, is fun.

In the midst of the fine writing, the author threw in that phrase titling this blog: "Well eff me with a barbed wire fence." I'm not saying that it isn't fine writing. It was funny, in the context it was found. A major character is told something amazingly surprising and ejaculates that phrase. Because the major character lives in the Great Plains of America, where barbed wire fences are both plentiful and necessary, it is totally in character.

But how does one get effed by a barbed wire fence? Aye, there's the rub...

4 comments:

Nessa said...

No, don't rub...

paperback reader said...

I can't say that's a phrase in my lexicon. I prefer "Why don't you go take a flying f at the moooooooooon?" because my life needs more Vonnegut references.

Leonesse said...

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

BABED wire? The wire of babes? I've never even SEEN a wiry baby. They're usually quite plump...

What?