Saturday, October 13, 2007

Impious, perhaps, but curiosity does that to a Man

The gjaudh I grew up with was of Flesh and Bone. There were differing opinions regarding what, if anything, coursed through his blood vessels, if he had blood vessels. I was of the opinion that each Perfect Cell of His Body drew energy from the Radiance that surrounded His Being. And there were no waste products. C'mon! A gjaudh whose Body produced waste products! Are you insane!

So He had a Skeleton, and Muscles, Tendons and Ligaments. And a Brain. I figured most of His Brain was scattered through out various dimensions because it had to be impossibly large! But He didn't need a stomach, or large and small intestines, or a liver, pancreas or spleen. No kidneys, either. And yes, I figured, He has a Belly Button. An Innie. There is a Vast Right Wing Mystery about how He got it. But that's for another day... And no, I was positive His mouth did NOT connect to an anus. Gjaudh has no asshole. Heathens for even thinking that were possible!

Yes, I thought back in my youth, we were made in His image, with some necessary jury-rigging because of our mortal condition. There was no way to get that perfect, because getting it perfect was our job.

As I say, that was then... Now my explanation for the existence of Mankind is Evolution and Practical Jokes. Some day the whole lame story of who did what to whom 7.2 billion years ago will be known to us. Kurt Vonnegut's theory about the Elders of Tralfamadore manipulated Mankind in order to get one of us to deliver a spare part to a space ship marooned on Titan only seems farfetched now. When the truth comes out, no one alive will be able comprehend, much less appreciate, the joke. But I say, let's start trying now.

3 comments:

paperback reader said...

Should we start by reading as many Kilgore Trout novels as we can find?

Nessa said...

Gjaudh is yucking it up big time because we are such a pratfall.

Bert Bananas said...

Gjaudhie Two Shoes...