Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Falling in Love is like committing a Murder...

Oh, I think I may have gotten that wrong. Or maybe not...

Drudge has a headline: Russian Serial killer says murder is like love. (I changed the font to "Georgia" because that's the closest I could get to something Russian.)

I didn't read the article, except for this one sentence: "...when he first strangled a man it was like falling in love for the first time."


But here's the food for thought, the nugget of brainial energy that makes reading stuff like this worthwhile: How can a serial killer know what falling in love for the first time is like? It's extremely difficult to suppose that a serial killer can relate to another human being with "Love." Okay, John Cusack maybe in Grosse Pointe Blank... but he was just immoral when it came to the value of human life, and not actually a murderer for the pleasure of murder its ownself. And so falling in love with Minnie Driver wasn't a stretch?

But back to the issue of whether or not Falling in Love is like committing a Murder? Is the facto really the ipso?

Okay, this is a very difficult issue. It's easy to define murder, but not so easy to define falling in love. It was easy when I was in high school: Falling in love just meant finding a girl who would let me past first base. The innocence of youth. (everyone sigh, heavily)

Then when I was old enough to be tricked into getting married by any woman with an alleged positive pregnancy test, falling in love became a much more tricky proposition. (If you diagram 'tricky proposition' it ends up meaning sex with a hooker...)

Which makes me wonder if hookers fall in love or commit murder? Why not, they're human.

So to sum up, falling in murder is like committing a love. I think the Russian guy would agree.

8 comments:

paperback reader said...

This article makes me want to go out and murder, just to test the aptness of the simile. But here's the real question: what's it like to choke out your first love?

Bert Bananas said...

Maybe that's why you keep hearing women muttering, "please don't fall in love with me, please don't fall in love with me, please don't fall in love with me..."

Hey, I'm just stating the obvious...

paperback reader said...

I always thought a restraining order was just the female way to ask you to slow things down.

Leonesse said...

Pistols, I thought YOU were your first, last, and only love. Does that mean auto asphyxiation is in your future?

And doesn't restraining order mean I Love You in Trailerspeak?

Bert Bananas said...

Have any of you ever read an application for a restraining order? The majority of them are crudely written in ink, with scratch outs and insertions... Semi-illiteracy abounds, as does lurid and dramatic statements of 'fact.' Emotion overflows the pages.

I hope you're proud of yourself, Sr. Pistolero.

paperback reader said...

Leonesse, I would consider falling in love with someone else if that heightened the pleasure of offing them and getting back to what's really important: me.

Bert, the women are perfectly literate, but they're also filled with abject terror, so you can excuse some of their shakier penwomanship and sentence structures.

T said...

When a man kills another man, does that make him homosexual?

Anonymous said...

...his lips couldnt say it but mine did, keep doing it until i reach my climactic love-Sarah