Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Spidey, here I am!!

A fan of the show posted a comment, asking me where I am.

I'm right here, busier than I've ever been, burdened not only by my normal, and increasingly burgeoning activity, but saddled with the CHORE of teaching Big-T how to be a curb-painting wonder boy. Right now we're still hampered by the difficulty Big-T has remembering that a 3 & an E are entirely different things and not at all interchangeable. Damn California edumacational system...

I have not looked at a blog site in ten days. If it weren't for my Blackberry getting copies of the comments posted to my blog, I'd be totally out of the loop. I have some all your blogs (you know who you are) 'Fav-Placed' on my Blackberry, but I don't even have time to read them (in really tiny print...).

Two things are probably propelling the surge in business, the down turn in sales of new and existing housing, and the wild fires.

As part of the sprucing up new and existing housing, the address painted on the curb is getting much warranted attention; nothing says, "I care about my house" more than a spiffy looking curb painting of your street number. And now we're getting lots of orders for people who want fire-resistant paint! As they say in golf, every shot makes somebody happy.

I hope that by the end of this week I'll have some time to devote to reading the blogs of all my Blriends... Or should that be Frienogs? Would you be my Frienog?

Just to prove to you that I've been scurrying here and there, here's a photo of a very unusual vehicle. Which of you was aware that this year is the 15th anniversary of the Power Rangers? And if you knew, did you send a gift?


And yes, that pall in the background is from the Lake Arrowhead fire. But I can't say if it was the Slide Fire or the Grass Valley Fire.

7 comments:

Leonesse said...

Wow, after 15 years the Power Rangers came out of oblivion to fight fires? Amazing!

Brenda said...

glad to see you again and that you aren't burnt toast.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you and T. were affected by any of this fiery hell. I'm glad you're still standing and not smoldering!

Nessa said...

Glad to hear you were not consumed, by the fires, anyway.

paperback reader said...

I gave the Pink Power ranger a present about nine months ago, and now I'll be giving her monthly gifts of child support.

Bert Bananas said...

Those of you who were thoughtful, thank you.

Those of he who took a lick at the Pink Power Ranger (and you know who you are by your DNA), shame on you!

Anonymous said...

dear bert,

if i had a curb, i'd let you paint it.

sounds like the start of a county song....

love,
jilly