Sunday, June 10, 2007

Putting on a good face...

I have one of those faces that create an unfavorable first impression. I've learned to live with it... When I was growing up, I didn't have a choice, I was stuck with what I was born with. That's just the way it was, back in the old century.

But instead turning inward and becoming a loner, I let my inner brain-brew burble along and worked on getting people to laugh. My only tools were my whirly-gig eyes and my snappy patter. Because most people are starved for attention, with a little patience, I eventually get a chance to spin my eyes and snap my patter.

It's a bitch getting 'profiled,' of being judged by what people see in your face, clothing and body. But it's a reality in the real world. Well, at least until the plastic surgeons say your body is old enough...

Thank gawd for the internet, where you people are only judging me by my words! Thanks!

SUCKERS!

6 comments:

Nessa said...

I would never judge you on the way you look; D

Mary Lois said...

What the hell do you look like, then?

Chris the Hippie said...

Why did the phrase "He's got Charlie Manson eyes" just flit through my head. (Sung, of course, to the tune "She's Got Bette Davis Eyes.")

Anonymous said...

You could also always go into radio. You can look as hideous as Don Imus and get away with it!

L. said...

We want pictures! We want pictures!

T said...

All you guys, you don't want to see him, trust me. In real (non-web) life, Bert is this roly-poly of a guy with a sheepish grin, beedie eyes and Latin-type freckles--all hiding his devilishly handsome good looks--if he had good looks.

No one is ever intimidated when Bert enters the room, just inquisitive. Like, where do you come from or why are you even here?

No really, his image belongs on a Venezuelan monetary note... -where none of us can see it.

Nah, he's alright, for a fellow that could pass as Antonio Banderas' half brother (or pet)...