Thursday, June 28, 2007

In 24 hours people will start making calls on their iPhones.

I won't be one of them. I never even got an iPod. I'm not in the iGeneration. It's that simple.

I thought it was way cool in one of their commercials where they showed an iPhone looking at YouTube video. But then I learned that that only works when you're at a wifi hot spot, which is fine if it's free. Which made me feel better because while my Blackberry does the 'net very well, it won't do videos from YouTube with just the phone connection. Just like the iPhone. I don't think the iPhone will do email as well as the Blackberry.

I bet iPhone 2.0 kicks butt. Since I'm already a Cingular/AT&T subscriber, maybe I'll get iPhone 3.0, the one with the sexual gratification button. Blackberry says they have no plans in that direction.

6 comments:

Nessa said...

I belong to the IGeneration. I'm too old to see anything as small as an i. But I do enjoy standing in extremely long lines to pay twice as much for some machine that will be out of date in 3 months.

paperback reader said...

Here's why I don't want an iPhone: because the people who are drooling over them are nerds. All the techie guys at work spend an hour per day writing epic love sonnets to the f-ing phone, as if anyone will ever call them. And that, to me, is the point of a phone: can I talk to my friends? Since these nerds have no friends, naturally they are concerned with its other functions, like downloading the Net's billionth Star Wars parody, or the Maxim spread of some actress from some sci-fi show I've never heard of.

I already have a phone and an iPod with a postage-stamp sized screen for videos I wouldn't watch on it. I don't need them combined. I also don't need my toaster to play mp3s, or my t-shirt dresser drawer to print documents. Got that, apple?

Bert Bananas said...

Ms. Nibbles, wonderful sarcasm! I bet the sweet sweat from thy fevered brow would cunningly etch glass.

Sr. Pistolero, I, too, am in agreement that when you are issued your iPhone, you are immediately categorized as non-breeding material.

T said...

I am a golf nerd, but not a tech nerd. I do however love my iPod, my cell phone and my email. So, to keep from carrying around three different pieces of electronics, I will probably get iPhone 2.0,--unless something better comes along.

paperback reader said...

I'll wait another five minutes, when all true techies throw them into gutters as "too outdated," and then I'll pick one up.

Jana said...

I still have a corded phone, don't own a cell phone. I still remember the golden days of pagers and answering machines at HOME!
Gosh I'm old. Love your lawyer joke too.