Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fair Haired Gamin with Pluck!

Hats off to KatDion, aka CelineRocket, for making fun of my use of the word 'pluck.'

Words that rhyme with 'naughty' words are fun to play with. Like pluck.

And then there are words that are spelled differently, but sound the same as the naughty word. I'll let you 'come' up with your own examples...

Remember the brouhaha that erupted when someone described a Black politician as 'niggardly?' Who was everyone pandering to? How come no one will pander for me?

I once masticated in public... I'll probably do it again, given the proper motivation.

Do you know exactly where your loins are? I used to beg women to gird my loins. But I always ended up having to gird them myself. And no,it's not the same as being a "hirdy-girdy" man.

There must be over a hundred Vietnamese restaurants in the United States with some variation of Phuc Yu in the name.

Hoisted by one's own petard sounds very lurid. It isn't. But anyone who wants to touch my petard has to get my permission first. But if you want to hoist it, just go ahead; no permission needed.

And how about all those euphemisms for words we can't use in polite society? Unless you're on Uranus, or I'm on mine, then you can go for it.

What an amazing bunch of silly primates we are! One great lament I have is that we gave up sitting around grooming each other and playing with our feces. Which makes me wonder, how come the Women's Auxiliary of the Plantagenet Anglican Church in Exile hasn't called for Monkey Houses to be equipped with toilets and toilet paper?

How come prostitutes don't accumulate and use the power at their disposals? They could have it all if they had the guts to go for it! What a bunch of pussies!

3 comments:

paperback reader said...

I am glad that somewhere, someone is pandering to the peanut gallery still. And I'm betting you've got three ways to make a nut joke about that.

Maybe you could go for Jimmy Carter, and the irony that for a guy famous for growing nuts, his foreign policy showed no proof of this. Or that they had a tractor accident on the farm, spilled a whole bunch of nuts all over the place, and up sprang ol' unwanted, embarrassing Billy.

Or maybe you could ask if Mr. Peanut has his own nuts or is one giant nuts.

I apologize for all the nut jokes, but I do a lot of stand-up for squirrels.

Incognito said...

We have a local Thai restaurent called Phucket.. or maybe it's Phuket..

Nessa said...

We haven't evolved much: salons are everywhere and my mother always asks me about my bowel movements.