Thursday, September 06, 2007

Laztheism and Football

I had no idea that today was the opening day for the 2007-2008 NFL season. I was flipping through channels and came upon an activity that rivaled the arrival of the Pope in your typical Mexican cathedral.

Yes, I'm saying that the NFL is now a religion and will soon probably file for religious tax exemption with the IRS. And if the IRS has any sense, tax exempt status will be granted.

As a Laztheist I have no quarrel with the NFL. If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone. But eventually they'll get around to sending out "missionaries" and the sanctity of my home will be invaded by one or another team trying to convert me.

Maybe what this all means is that I am in a tiny minority of people born without a 'religious' gene?

5 comments:

Nessa said...

My brother keeps trying to recruit me. I always remind him I listen to a different God.

T said...

I don't fall for that mumbo-jumbo...

-Excuse me while I hail Peyton Manning...

Bert Bananas said...

Seriously, what percentage of American males own a football jersey. And isn't it a fact that 99% of them don't play football?

T said...

I don't own a football jersey. They cost way too much money,--like at least three or four rounds of golf.

Chris the Hippie said...

Pfft... Clothes are for wussies.

Seriously, I like football. A lot. But there's no way in gosh OR heck that I could afford to buy any of their high priced shi...rts. It just ain't gonna happen.

Hey didja hear that people are donating Michael Vick jerseys to animal shelters and Human Societies around the nation, whereupon the jerseys are used to mop dog urine out of the kennels. Talk about karma... ("Hey, I think my karma just ran over your dogma...")