Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hiding out in Oceanside




Dos Lagos ... It was a tale of two cities, in a manner of speaking; one city was fun, like Oshkosh, WI, if you're a flyer and it's the summer 'fly in,' and the other city wasn't fun, like Las Vegas after you've lost the money you embezzled from a Mafia loan shark.

Meaning I played decently on the front nine, but horribly on the back nine.

We had three teams of three players each. I was teamed up with George (his iconic counterpart bears his name on Big-T's blogger main page) and Parker.

We were the first group out. Big-T was behind us in the second group. Big-T had Jesus with him. Tito couldn't make it, but how can you complain, especially when Jesus's putter catches fire?

The first two photos are from a green my group was on, looking back at the green Big-T, Jesus and Parker's brother, Burz, were on. Maybe you can copy the image, blow it up fantastically big and figure out which one is Big-T and which was is Jesus...

The last photo is of the two lakes of Dos Lagos. But it's kind of a misnomer, because there's a third lake. Maybe Tres Lagos was already taken? Or maybe three lakes are unlucky?

As to the Oceanside reference in the title... I had to go to San Diego and I didn't finish in time so now I'm holed up in a Days Inn in Oceanside, eagerly awaiting the free breakfast. I have to be in Orange County in the morning, so it wasn't practical to go back to Apple Valley, just to have to turn around in the morning to fight traffic back down the hill.

6 comments:

katrocket said...

Anything for a free breakfast, right?

I enlarged the shot, and I'm guessing T is the guy in the middle adjusting his hat. But what caught my eye was the hot air balloon in the distance...

T said...

Glorious day! Jesus, Burz (the one with the white hair) and myself won $14.50 apiece!

paperback reader said...

I spent a couple days down in Oceanside, and so I can say this with empathy: I'm sorry.

I'm sure whoever built the place meant well.

Leonesse said...

Hooters Wings on T!

Nessa said...

It must be nice to be professional golfers.

Chris the Hippie said...

I dunno... Any sport named after a Volkswagen is suspect in my book.