Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ladies, tell it like it is ...

My 21 year old is having female problems. ...somewhere near his pubic bone.

Oh man, that reminds me! 7th grade, Fifth St. Elementary School, Las Vegas, Nevada (Fifth St. is the Strip. How weird is that?) It's health class and Mrs. Graham asks some innocent question about the human skeleton. Winston Allen pipes up and asks is it true that only women have breast bones? Much hilarity ensues.

Back to my boy. He has a 22 year girl friend, still in college. His college. The details of his heartache aren't important. What's important is that my female readers, who are of superior intelligence, remarkable grace, fierce loyalty, unsurpassed creativity, majestically noble, as well as brave, clean and funny, tell my son what they were like when they were 22. See what I'm driving at? It's my point that somewhere out there is a girl who is 22 now, but when he meets her in, oh, three or four years, she will THEN be of superior intelligence, remarkable grace, fierce loyalty, unsurpassed creativity, majestically noble, as well as brave, clean and funny.

Or am I off my rocker?

10 comments:

paperback reader said...

I don't know that that's entirely true. But in time, women who are still on the market will devalue themselves with constant questions of "How am I still single? Will I die alone?" and he'll be able to pick up a wonderful, talented woman who will come with a matching Samsonite set of emotional baggage.

T said...

Older women are much more attractive than younger women in just about every way, like: 'experience'; patience; intelligence; poise; understanding; willingness to experiment; chewing gum and walking simultaneously; etc. -Almost all ways, that is, except for that 'younger' part.

katrocket said...

I think age has nothing to do with it, Bert. It's all about maturity level. When I was 22, I dated men in their 40s because I thought boys my age were idiots. In fact, I discovered they pretty much stay that way until they're 35.

I can dish out 200 flavours of freakin' fabulous. I'll be happy to date your son so he can set a new benchmark in quality assurance.

The Guv'ner said...

22 year old me was quite the fabulous rock chick, at least that's what 22 year old me thought, since I played in bands and knew about a thousand people and was out every night. 22 year old me was also clueless and completely floundering at the art of cool although she didn't know it at the time. 37 year old me, on the other hand, kicks almighty ass!

This isn't helping your son one bit is it?

Bert Bananas said...

You guys are fabulous. I hope Roby is taking notes.

If he were to ask my advice, which he hasn't, I'd tell him to cast aside any woman whose imperfections look to increase with the passage of time, rather than decrease. Not that this really helps him in his current dilemma, but hey, not much does.

Anonymous said...

tell him to stay away from drama queens. they never change.

i was married at 22 so i can't be of much help. i was busy having unbridled sex with bigjoe.

Leonesse said...

I, too, was married at the time to the 'other' man, so not much help there. (and he was 10 years older, so I can say that I have never dated a 22 year old.)

However, LK had firm rules that he would never date a woman under 30 when he was just barely over it. He learned his lesson.

I would just have Roby take Kat up on her offer until he is older. Or more, the women are older. She could teach him a few things all young men should know!

Sonya said...

I was married then, too. And also an ass. So had I not been married, I would have been a single ass. Date, date, date, date, do not marry for a long time. My sage advice.

Nessa said...

I say you should always date someone at least 10 years older than you are until you reach 35, then go the other way.

Leonesse said...

I like how Nib thinks! Oh, and Tree has the best advice yet. Date, date, and date some more and shine on the freaks.