Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doesn't end how you probably thought...


If you were asking my opinion about buying this car and using it to travel on SoCal freeways, I'd be all negative. Yes, I understand the importance of fuel economy and holding down carbon dioxide emissions, but I'd start meandering on about how there are too many old folks converting oxygen to CO₂, to no good end except that most of us would feel guilty about off'ing them just to save the Earth. But isn't the earth worth it?

Oh yeah, I know how these discussions about putting "useless" humans on ice floes always degenerate into not very helpful name-calling, but me personally, I'd rather waste good oxygen on such discussions rather than own/ride in one of these little portable coffins. One good whack from a semi and they can just bury you in your ride.

8 comments:

T said...

C'mon Bert, -it's easy clean-up!

Bert Bananas said...

Where do you fit your golf clubs?

T said...

No golfer would be that stupid.

Nessa said...

It looks like it already hit something.

paperback reader said...

It's called the Smart car for a reason, presumably because it's so dumb they had to name it "Smart" to trick dummies who'd buy it.

Chris the Hippie said...

Dood! I want one! Seriously, I want one of those -- I didn't know they'd cleared the import laws yet. Way cool!

Anonymous said...

i like it too but i would not take it on an interstate. and i want to be creamated so if i crash, just light it with a match will you?

katrocket said...

Smart cars have been in Canada for 3 years now - my friend has one. When you're inside, it actually doesn't feel any smaller than a normal car. The gas mileage is awesome and it's easy to park. A good car for city driving, but yeah, I'd be a bit nervous on the highways.