Friday, May 23, 2008

A Cry for Democracy!!!

But not from me...

54% of California likely voters contacted by the LA Times told the pollsters that they would vote to amend the CA Constitution to make "marriage" a legal contract that only 1 man could enter into with 1 woman.

I am certain that 92% of Alabama likely voters contacted by the KluKluxKlan Daily Bugle in September and October of 1957 would have voted to continue segregation at Little Rock High School.

The Will of the People is not necessarily the right path to follow. Which is why the Founders made this a Republic. Whew!

And most certainly, as the Islamo-facists keep making evident, when the People think they are doing Ghawd's Will, well...

It really confounds me that the right of people to believe in Santa Claus is more real to these anti-gay marriage people than the right of two people to make the ultimate sacrifice to their love for one another.

2 comments:

Leonesse said...

The narrowmindedness of man never ceases to amaze me.

paperback reader said...

I am very inclusive when pollsters call, because that makes me look very open-minded until I vote Dixiecrat.