Saturday, May 03, 2008

Amateur Crastination can't be compared to Procrastination

There is popular sentiment favoring the notion that there is a huge divide between the competent amateur and the true professional. Golf is an example. So is crastination. Amateur crastination is so thoroughly disregarding as a field of endeavor that only procrastination exists in our vocabularies!

What's the longest and most creatively you've put off doing something?

The pinnacle of my crastination was the loss of my virginity. I can't take all the credit; the Mormon Church helped enormously. I do remember, to my own despair, that when I finally lost my virginal status, I lamented not having had the prior experience that I might have allowed me to more favorably acquit myself. Worse, I didn't know, because of the lack of experience, just how badly I'd performed.

Innocence is not all it's cracked up to be.

2 comments:

Leonesse said...

Well then, some of the Mormonwashing must have worked better on you. LK just up and married at 17 to take care of that problem. If it weren't for his cubs, he might wish to have waited along with you!

Another note, prior experience does not always equal stellar performance. I'm just saying.

paperback reader said...

Fortunately, I bet the young woman made a number of pie charts showing you just how unsatisfied she was, and helped you back into the fold.