Thursday, May 01, 2008

Four Wheels and Funeral

I have no idea what my words are being underlined. It's a mystery to me.

And now it's disappeared! And all I
offer up a burnt offering to Micro-
Soft!

If all is going according to plan,
you are asking yourself, what do these two photos mean, not just individually, but as companions?

First, the funeral. It was Lefty's funeral. He lived in Barstow, CA. He lived there over 30 years. There was a large turn out. It was a week day, in Barstow. Barstow is like Bakersfield, but without the oil or the meth. The people are laid back and uncomplaining. I wanted so badly to take a photo of the woman who showed in in a dark blue AC/DC t-shirt. Besides the AC/DC logo, there was a line from one of their songs emblazoned across her very ample bosom. I hope it was in honor of the deceased. It was very stirring watching her walk in with "You shook me all night long" as her funeral theme. Kind of inspiring.

As for the Shelby AC Cobra, I'd kill to have one.

3 comments:

paperback reader said...

I wish someone would dress up in a t-shirt for my funeral. That's the kind of unassuming guy I am.

Leonesse said...

Barstow Funerals must rock!

I'd give my left nut for that Cobra. Hell, I'd give both.

Anonymous said...

AC/DC rules the world! I want to be buried in my AC/DC shirt.