Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Iowa Cacas...

The implication offered by the title is lost on those without at least rudimentary Spanish. Or maybe it's a case of national slang? Maybe only people from Mexico would know that when you say you have to go to the bathroom, it's either to go p-p or caca.

About the Iowa Cacas: There are more people living in just Orange County, CA than live in all of Iowa. And of all those living in Iowa, what tiny percentage do you think will take advantage of the free baby sitting and free snow removal to attend a local cacas? (I hope there is at least one couple who takes up some candidate's offer of free baby-sitting and then just goes to dinner and a movie...)

I don't fault the system, after all, it simply evolved to meet a need, much like the male penis. Think of all the problems caused by the male penis, almost all of which could be avoided if women didn't have hootchie-coos. (I can't bring myself to type the monologue word, fearing, like those afraid of Lord Voldemort, that saying its name might conjure the beast!)

So am I saying that our system for selecting Presidential candidates is like sex? Well, yeah! Everything is like/about sex. And as with actual sex, things often get sick and twisted. Uh-huh... You know who you are.

4 comments:

Leonesse said...

Stop looking at me.

paperback reader said...

I'm still confused as to why we're letting our whitest states pick everything. But I'm not willing to substitute the OC because anyplace that names its airport after a movie cowboy is suspect to me as well.

The Guv'ner said...

I love that only the depraved mind of Bananas can equate Lord Voldemort and a lady's front bottom....

Bert Bananas said...

Mrs. LK, turn off you web cam then!

Sr. Pistolero, I wasn't offering the OC as a substitute, although in it's diversity, it would offer something to everyone. When it comes to politics, I don't think there are any answers that haven't been or won't be tried.

Guv, you saucy trout, I salute your magic.