Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday, in leisure pants

I went to a golf course yesterday morning, for a 6:52 tee time. On the way home I stopped at a restaurant and had a hamburger and a strawberry shake. Then as I was leaving the restaurant I called a friend and asked, acting the innocent, if there was a game that afternoon. Of course there was. He said that if I could get there within 20 minutes I could join them. I got there in 12 mnutes. With me there were eight players, two foursomes. Excellent!!

Then I got home, pleasantly fatigued and had a vanilla ice cream, sliced bananas and chocolate syrup sundae, in an immodesly large bowl, for dinner. Then I continued reading my current house book (I keep one in the car, as well) and fell asleep around 9:30 p.m.

Now it's Sunday night. I mowed the back lawn before the PGA started, then I sat in front of the TV and watched five hours of golf, reading and dozing and scratching the dog's head when she'd put her head on my lap. She wanted some of my cashews, but they're not good for her because you can't eat cashews without a beer chaser and alcohol makes her slur when she barks.

But my life is not all skittles and A&W diet Cream Soda. Tomorrow I'll go to the office, do some work, then go 'into the field," then back to the office, only to have to get up very early Tuesday morning to drive 75 minutes to play golf at a resort, with a client. Then Wednesday is a regular golf morning, followed by offcie work that afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday! Two solid days of cubicle dwelling!! Oh, the horror!

But the whole time, ticking like a time bomb, and getting closer and closer to going off, is the illegal alien A-bomb, which, like Google's Gmail storage capacity, keeps growing in detonation size. It is haunting me. I have answers to so many of the complexities facing the world, but I can't solve this one. Which is why it haunts me...

2 comments:

Mary Lois said...

Sorry you have such a rough life, Banana Man. I had no idea. I'll try to be nicer to you in the future. I may even get that picture of my attic fan you wanted.

Sonya said...

I too am plagued by the google capacity limit. I'm at 67%. Holy crap.