Monday, August 14, 2006

An Intermission...

H. Simpson and the Secret to Life

Lisa and Homer break into a museum to see a display of Egyptian antiquity, associated with Isis, whoever that babe was. Homer knocks over a stand, on which an orb sits, an orb with a mystery that remains solved. When it hits the ground, it pops open, like a petalled flower, and reveals itself to be a music box. The haunting music echoes through the museum hall. Lisa points out that they are the first ones to hear the song in thousands of years. Homer puts it back together and Lisa points out that now the music may not be heard for another thousand years. Homer acts impressed. As they walk out of that hall, he starts humming a song. But it's not the song from the music box, it's the Old Spice song. Lisa points this out. Homer says, "oh, yeah, but it's a good song, too." So Lisa joins him in s humning it and the credits roll.

See, that's an example of one of a fundamental building block of life.


And don't you worry, I'm working on the follow up to Do unto Others....

5 comments:

Dr.Alistair said...

any old song will do, if it moves you............

Nessa said...

The Simpsons are so profound.

Anonymous said...

This is a really great blog. There's really no other blog like this on the internet. I should know, I read a lot of blogs.

Nessa said...

Intermission shouldn't be more than 15, 30 minutes. This is more like a vacation.

Bert Bananas said...

Your Regal Nipship, due to a quirk in the system (I started it as a draft) my second act was placed behind previous to this Simpson post, even though I hit 'publish' a day later ... Oh, it's all so confusing. I FORCED myself to delay my impiousness even though I could have done it all in one long, profane and haughty post...