Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A suggestion to my Catholic friend. (Yes, I only have one...)

Today, in the Catholic version of life itsownself, is Shrove Tuesday. (To Shrave: to eat as much as you can while clothed. I'm going to shrave like a pig on my birthday. Oy, I shrove like there was no tomorrow, or like tomorrow was Lent!)

Anyway, to my Catholic friend, give up Lent for the next 40 days. What's ghawd going to do, smite thee? C'mon, how many people do you think are in line ahead of you for a good smiting?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking no chances. He might be in a pissed off mood when it's my time to go. I'm giving up shroving/shraving. Amen.

paperback reader said...

I did you one step better: I gave up Catholicism for Lent, and since I no longer know what Lent is as a heathen, I assume it goes on forever.

Leonesse said...

Isn't shraving the hot new thing amongst teens? Like rats in a basement?