Monday, January 01, 2007

My Year in Review

I'm going to toot my own horn. This is the best that blogging has to offer the individual blogger and I'd be silly to disavow this boon.

Some of what I accomplished was by plan. And it's nice that I planned my work and then worked my plan. But most of what I accomplished only became apparent by applying a figurative microscope to the details of the year gone by. So with just a bit more ado, we'll begin. I haven't listed anything of a negative nature, since when viewed through the lens of Laztheism, the only things that qualify as negative involve supernovas. Since ol' Sol didn't go nova or supernova in 2006, it was all good.

1. Every round of golf I started in 2006, I finished!

2. Not for a single instance was I constipated in 2006.

3. I drove 39,462 miles in 2006 and did not get a single speeding ticket, despite having NEVER driven on a freeway at less than the speed limit.

4. My wife and I continue to be in love, but me more than her, as I weigh more.

5. I founded Laztheism, a new way of doing nothing. And what is more important than nothing?

5½. Oh yeah! I had my portrait painted and posted to this blog! Lucky you!

What was notable in 2006 for you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What was notable in 2006 for you?" you asked ...getting to meet interesting characters like you through blogging!

Cute banana, Bert. I'm not sure that yellow is your color though...

Have a good one,
Grammie

Bert Bananas said...

Grammie, I am told, and have come to believe, that hot, hot pink is my color. Make of that what you will...

Anonymous said...

I was okay with hot pink....BUT, hot, hot pink???? Now I am worried.

Nessa said...

I don't think I can top your list of successes. I hope 2007 is just as good to you. Happy New Year.

Bert Bananas said...

Aw, Ms. Nibbles, I wasn't trying to compete with anyone.

Hey, I did NOT finish a novel in 2006, so yes you can top me.

Nessa said...

You are right, Your Yellowness. It is not a game of oneupmanship. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I asked my dad for money less than the year before. I'm hoping to make it through the whole year without asking. I know he'd like to see that happen.
I hope you finish your book this year. I look forward to reading it.