Sunday, January 28, 2007

Closure ...



After leaving the Starbucks mentioned below, I climbed into my Freightliner cab and used my disposable 35mm camera to snap this shot. I put some tape over the flash, because I knew with how dark it was that it would go off, and that would have embarrassed the young lady; I certainly didn't want that!

Anyway, I didn't know if this photo would turn out. When it kind of turned out, I took the Wal*Mart print and scanned it. I had to crop the heck out of it, which is why it's kind of grainy. But I think you can make out her features. I was seated just to the young man's left, with the young lady and me looking at each other over the top of my laptop screen.

I wonder where she is now? I wonder if she reads this blog? If you do, Miss, don't you believe a word Artie Lange says!

8 comments:

ArtieLange said...

I don't appreciate your spiteful tone, young Bert. You slander me after I fixed and reposted your photo on my blog.

Chris the Hippie said...

As my vunderful Viennese vife would say, "It vas like two sheeps passink in de night..." (One must admit, there are more wooly mammals than ships in the Alps.)

The story has no closure, no end. It's as wide open as can be... Did he indeed dump her? Warum? Or was he just telling his sister that Aunt Gladys passed away in Guadalajara? Could it be that he was being deported or something? Did the two ever see each other again? Tell me. TELL ME! I can't handle the ambiguity...

Is that photo of Artie really Therman Munson?

Mary Lois said...

I love it when bananas goes existential.

Nessa said...

How do you take pictures without people knowing? Are you a spy?

Mary Lois said...

I think the phrase is "nosy bastard," golden.

ArtieLange said...

not Thurman Munson...just his brother. Please note the title of the blog.

Chris the Hippie said...

Do YOU believe everything you read on the Internet? I was just wondering... I mean, I had to actually look up who Therman Munson was (I keep pronouncing it "Herman Munster" in my head - I think I may be a bit dyslexic). Ah well...

Bert Bananas said...

Ms. Nibbles, all things are possible to he/she who dares...