Sunday, July 09, 2006

There IS such a thing as a free lunch!

Meet me at Costco...

It worked so well yesterday that I went back today. To Costco... Yesterday I ate lunch there, for free. See, they apparently not only allow, but encourage food firms to offer free samples! Oh, of course there is no such thing as a free lunch... someone is paying for it, just that this time it's not me. Yesterday, Saturday, I piggied out on bite size tidbits of turkey breast and chips & salsa and fruit bits and some kind of vegetable soup. I had a cart and I had some things in it and I pushed it around and around, in this loop, grabbing the free samples as I looped by each station.

Today it was bratwurst, cherries, some kind of hearts of palm dip on crackers and these great Tyson Teriyaki chicked breast slices that are pre-grilled. They were so good I good a bag of them! But I don't think that actually takes the shine of the free lunch thing.

I'm thinking that if my wife ever kicks me out, I can live okay just eating at Costco. And the price will be about all I'd be able to afford, what with the alimony, an' stuff...

1 comment:

Justin said...

I don't eat that good at sam's club.