Sunday, June 04, 2006

Stay Off My Island!!

You don't even know when you're being insulted!

I was flipping with the remote this afternoon, after golf was over, and finally settled on watching (for the 20th time?) Bruce Willis in The 5th Element. But before I got there, I spent about 20 seconds watching "Stranded with a Star: Who would you Choose?"

There are no stars on the program. Just cool looking young people offering opinions about who they'd want to spend a few days with on a deserted island. I heard one vixen say that she heard that one star in question didn't use a deodorant. So then a number of other vixens said "eww" and "yech" and other important observations. Except for one nubile repository of grace and wisdon, who said, "I'd do him anyway he's so cute!" So I started clicking again until I found Bruce.

So say you WERE sent to a deserted island and could take one person, any person... Are you so shallow, is your life so barren, that you would resort to picking someone based on the image he or she worked ever so hard to create? I think you'd have to be such a loser to isolate yourself with a star!

Now that would be a 'reality show' worth watching!! You, a tubby, flabby, nose-picking web-surfer, on a deserted island with the deified sex-object of your desire. Oh, wait... It wouldn't be worth watching, unless we wanted to see nothing but episodes of you kissing up to the 'star' and nodding your head at the idiocy uttered by the star.

I believe there is a significant difference between having a dream and day dreaming. That show is all about day dreaming. Right now our culture has a premium on day dreams and day dreaming. Day dreams are easier to market to. Just check your medicine cabinet and your garage.

No comments: