Wednesday, June 21, 2006

BOO WHO!

Don't Cry for me, Rigatonni...

All of us have people we don't like. And events we don't like. Even non-events can sometimes upset us, like when I think I'm getting sex, but I don't.

My point being that probably no one with an adult mentality, alive today, doesn't know the churning, bothersome emotion of 'dislike.' And people let it escalate all the way to hatred. Hatred isn't something I can really comment on because I'm not capable of the kind of sustained effort necessary to maintain hatred. Hatred is very hard work and I avoid hard work at all costs.

So who do you dislike? Yeah, I hate her, too. But what're ya going do; there are so many idiots who think her poop don't smell. Luckily you and I know different.

Have you noticed that the easiest people to dislike are the ones who think they know what's best for you? I noticed that a long time ago. It could possibly be one of the defining moments of our humanity, when you, as a child, realize your parents, in fact pretty much all the adults with power over you, are full of crap when it comes to preparing you to become one of them.

Becoming an enlightened adult is hard because the possibilities for loneliness are increased with each step of enlightenment. And there's no prize for acheiving it; the only satisfaction is what you yourself get to feel. Anyone else who acheives that enlightenment knows that there's no point to discussing; it's wasted effort because either you know about it or you'll never know about.

Boo who? Boo whom? Whomever deserves it.

No comments: