Sunday, December 10, 2006

Amateurs v. Professionals

Amateurs vastly outnumber Professionals. It is said that there is a vast divide between the competent amateur and the competent professional. My personal testimony supports this. I shoot better golf scores than 90% of the world's golfers, making me a competent amateur, but there isn't a single top 1000 PGA golfer who couldn't kick my roly-poly amateur butt. As good an example as there is of what I'm talking about.

Now here's the question: Am I an amateur human being or a professional human being?

More importantly, are you?

5 comments:

Nessa said...

How do I tell?

Mary Lois said...

If you're a professional human being, you get paid for being a human being. Now go figure out how to do that. (Clue: you might not be paid in money!)

Waltzing Matilda said...

Yeah, how do we tell?

I'm still officially an amateur photographer, but I had maybe people tell me that my senior pictures were a damn site better than the officially school sanctioned professional's pictures.

L. said...

Sorry, but I couldn't get past your self-described "roly-poly amateur butt".... : 0

Roby said...

i don't even have facial hair