Sunday, December 17, 2006

the 40 Million Dollar Man

We've all seen stories like the one I glanced at on Drudge. Some stockbrorker executive is getting a $40,000,000 bonus. He's being "suitably" rewarded for his efforts over the course of 2006. Certainly he didn't award it to himself. So either the bonus was written into his employment contract, or his bosses, the Boss Heirarchy, looked at the figures he put up and said, "Wow, he made us SOOOO much money that we need to let him know we really appreciate it!"

Either way, it means the 40 Million Dollar Man made a heck of, a big HECK of a lot of money for his company.

So now he's going to retire and live very comfortably the rest of his life, right?

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I'd like to see the company's profit margin. Oh, the company didn't make any profits in 2006, you say? Hum?

Bert Bananas said...

Your cynicism is breath-taking!

Nessa said...

Oh, I'm sorry, it is the holidays. How about, "I'm sure his very existance warrents a 40 million dollar bonus." ? Is that better? No, I'm not bitter that I haven't figured out my own million dollar con job. *sniff*