Friday, June 20, 2008

Nothing to say and no time so say it !!

If you worked at a lumber mill, you can say, "Nothing to saw and no time to saw it" and it would have meaning. To anyone else, it'd just be a double typo, which in Mississippi is often called a double typondre.

As I was typing this I got an email on my Blackberry (I have to sign out of my regular Gmail account and into my Bert Bananas superhero Gmail account to post here). It was a confirmation of an appointment I have to paint some curbs, and they were reminding me that they wanted the numbers in Spanish. (It's in Santa Ana, which is now jointly patrolled by the Santa Ana police and members of the Tijuana PD who won't take drug money and so were hired out to the lowest bidder. Both guys are doing fine.) That just means that instead of a 7, I have to paint a 7 with a line through, which I've just discovered isn't in the Arial font, which cost me about three minutes of my life.

We're baby sitting our next door neighbors' dogs again. If the neighbors don't come home from their cruise, we get to keep the dogs. So if their ship sinks, not everyone will be sad.

1 comment:

paperback reader said...

I don't know if you know this already, but it's not that hard to get a dog if you want one.