Sunday, November 19, 2006

Whaddaya Mean, what are my politics?

Or, if you don't have enough greed in your heart, politics doesn't make any sense...

I've had some email from people regarding the recent elections. Having no ides what they were talking about, I checked out some old stories on Drudge and caught up with what's been going on in the United States, politically speaking.

Distilling the stories, I determined that it was out with the old, in with the new. Hardly startling, to someone like me who has been there, returned there, went back a third time, and all three times, "done that.' Like many older farts, I'm proud of this section of me resume: Done That.

Anyway, to do politics well you have to either have the greed gene or the bossy gene. The really great politicians have both. And good, successful politicians have the strength necessary to weave lies. Lying is a stamina sport. Sprint-liars simply can't go the distance. Long, slow lying is what stays the course. But both take energy. I just don't have the energy to spare.

Along with husbanding my strength by not bothering to lie (except ss a form of entertainment!) I also save tons of energy by not denigrating my opponents. Not that I actually have any. But if I did, why waste the time and energy to find out their weaknesses and then make fun of them? Would I want someone to do that to me?

So... we need government and governing. And there's no way we can stop either of them from happening. But we should try...

2 comments:

L. said...

This comment has nothing to do with your post, Bert....but I wanted to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.
I imagine that you are still licking your wounds from Gattina's comments about you! : 0 You seem to have that affect on people...
I will get started on your pieces as soon as I return home this weekend.
Be good (if you can) and stay out of trouble,
Grammie

Nessa said...

You have analyzed politicians and government very well.