Tuesday, November 07, 2006

All the Entertainment the Traffic will Bear

Or, keeping busy during a traffic jam or jelly

I was caught in horrible traffic yesterday. Stuck, unmoving, for literally minutes! Many of them!! It was awful !! At least I'd heard about it and left early enough so that I got to where I was going in time. Being on time is VERY important when you have paid in advance for a tee time.

Anyway, I was stuck behind this bright yellow Mustang. I had plenty of time to study this woman. She made it easy to want to study her. She was on the phone a lot. She gesticulated a lot while on the phone. Her unhappiness at the traffic situation was evident through her gesticulations.

And she chewed gum. She chewed with a vigor, with evident enthusiasm, with gusto. She was totally a chewing gum champ, or champette. Remember when Calvin went a chewing gum rant, Lecturing Hobbs on the intricacies of chewing gum and subcribing to Chewing Gum Monthly, and Gum Chewing Quarterly? I bet this woman still subscribes... I've never thought about it before, but what if gum chewing ability and oral sex ability have a causal relationship?

Please take this opportunity to reflect on the fact that people see you in your car, and that they can snap a quick photo of you if they're of a mind. You've been warned...

4 comments:

Nessa said...

It seems to me that someone who chomps and chews on gum would not be someone you'd want near your gentilia.

Unless they are toothless, of course.

Nessa said...

I bet it would be good if'n I could spell them thar big words.

Mary Lois said...

Thank God -- for a minute there I thought you were going to say the picture was of you being stuck in traffic and you were outing yourself as really a woman.

That would have been more than I could take in this week of white-knuckling blogglessness.

Bert Bananas said...

I've out'ed myself enough for this week...

Even-Handed Hope, just start a new blog! Name is something totally off the wall and continue in that vein!