Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Press F for Fart

Ripped screaming from today's Google Tech News:

"NTT Communications aims to tap into the sense of smell with a new system that allows users to send fragrances from their cell phones.

"A trial of the service will take place later this month during which users will be able to select and send certain fragrance recipes to an in-home unit that is responsible for concocting and releasing the various fragrances. Each holds 16 cartridges of base fragrances or essences that are mixed to produce the various scents in a similar way that a printer mixes inks to produce other colors."

This is kind of bogus, because it's not like I can wave my Blackberry around the area of my butt to capture that essence that is truly me and then attach it to an MMS so that my wife can be reminded of just what she had to look beyond in order to marry me.

This is one of those things that a business is doing just because they can, not because there's a genuine need. Like people on welfare reproducing...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't be on welfare if you haven't reproduced, ding-dong. While I can't speak for a liberal commie state like California - the number of kids you have when you first apply for welfare in Virginia are the only kids that will be covered by welfare benefits in Virginia. If your dumb ass gets pregnant again after that - too bad for you and too bad for the kid.

P.S. While I am all for yanking Emma's chain - I think it should be a national passtime. I must agree with her that you shouldn't have posted the specifics about Abigail on her blog. What's the point?

Bert Bananas said...

Mel, the point was she fibbed. Based on her post, one formed the impression that the girls were 14/15, like LP. She made it sound like the dead girl was a class mate, and having 14/15 year old girls shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time WOULD have been tragic. But in fact they were 18 and 19, driving to meet someone at an apartment complex at 3:00 a.m. And in the story I found, a police officer was quoted as saying, "They were basically good kids, with a few arrests, who were hanging out with the wrong crowd." The deceased had graduated from H.S., got her cosmetology license and was working. I doubt she was living at home. The facts totally belied the intent of Emma's blog and I LOVE sending up hood-winkers. Ol' Emma just didn't like getting shown up as a moderate fibber. Who does?

Leonesse said...

I like how Virginia thinks on this one.

Nessa said...

All the noise from strangers invading my hearing space is not bad enough. Now I'll have to deal with invading smells. The hermitage is looking better all the time. Pull my finger.

katrocket said...

Telecom companies should pool all of the million$ they spend on useless crap like this and find a cure for cancer, AIDS, or global warming.

paperback reader said...

But can I still get updates on women's collegiate sports? That's all that's important to me.

Waltzing Matilda said...

I thought LP was 16 or 17?

The Guv'ner said...

Yeah the fragrance of coffee breath and despair will be expensive, Bertie. That's what I aim to be projecting :)