Sunday, February 25, 2007

Exhilaration! ...An Inquiry.

Okay, I'll grant you that first we should define exhilaration. How about we say it's any thrilling feeling from a source other than sexual?

Which do you think is more important to the creation of natural exhilaration, competency or good luck?

Based on the above, can you plan to be exhilarated? Realistically, I mean...

From experience, I know that you can purchase exhilaration. But after you've put your foot into it a couple of times, the exhilaration factor of your sports car wears off.

And is exhilaration a necessary component to a life well lived?

Does anyone ever teach exhilaration?

When you purchase exhilaration, should you have to leave a deposit?

5 comments:

L. said...

True exhilaration comes from within and cannot be planned,purchased, taught, or faked, Bert!

I believe that it is a natural part of our makeup....so, you either have it or you don't.

Do you?
: )

Bert Bananas said...

Grammikins, what I think of as exhilaration is a very once in a while feeling. If exhilaration were constant, we'd have to give it a different name.

There can be negative exhilaration... It's a shame, but there it is. Maybe there's a problem in that there is pseudo-exhilaration. Drugs and sex come to mind... I have to believe that everyone is capable of exhilaration. But it simply can't be something you always feel. Maybe you can feel that you have an aptitude for achieving exhilaration, and there are probably people who feel that exhilaration has passed them by.

Chris the Hippie said...

Excellence makes me emotional. I cry when I hear a good song (the Venture's "Walk, Don't Run" is an example). I get teary-eyed when I see a good documentary. Somehow I feel that this may be tied in, tangentially, with what you're talking about somehow.

Nessa said...

Exhilaration can come from many sources and it can be addictive, but the best form is sponateous and comes from a connection from something inside of us and something or someone outside of us. It's a special kind of joy. I don't think we can create really good exhilaration but we can be open to it happening.

The exhilaration that is forced, like drugs, sex, putting ourselves in dangerous situations, requires that we constantly resupply the feeling because it is not naturally acheived.

Bert Bananas said...

Chris & Ms. Nibbles, you totally nailed it! Must have to do with how religious you are...